Do you think there are some kinds of people that shouldn’t travel? I do, and I think there are at least five of them that should never travel and see the world, ’cause it’s pointless or even harmful when they travel.
These people don’t give a damn about the travel as a new experience, they just want to satisfy some of their needs and they learn nothing from the places they are. I know that for someone traveling means going on vacation, so what they need is a break in their lives, to replenish their strengths and wash away the stress from their minds. But you can do it in a clever way or in a stupid way.
What I’m trying to say is that I’m sad about people not enjoying the world as they travel, since it’s the best that can happen in a person’s life, but considering what you do inevitably reflects on the ones that surround you, just stay at home, please.
Does it ring a bell about the people I’m speaking of? Well, if nothing’s coming to your mind, here’s the list. Enjoy!
- The moaner. This one complains about everything. Nothing is good enough or if it is, then complains about his country. “People don’t speak my language“, “This food is not good“, “Dirt everywhere!“, “It’s not as cheap as they told me…“. Or vice-versa: “You see? Here everything works, not like in [name a country]!“, “Look how clean they are here, I wish we could be the same in [name a country]!“, and so on. I know it’s easy to spot differences and think about your country and habits, but especially if you’re complaining about the place you’re visiting, maybe you’re overthinking and not enjoying your trip. Or it’s not the best place for you. So relax, stop complaining or stay home.
- The fast-foodie. It happens, you’re in a hurry, you need to eat, you see a comforting, known sign and you enter in a fast food. It happens, it can happen, but not when it’s the normality. I heard several excuses to justify that choice: “It’s cheaper“, “It’s safer“, “It’s better” the most used. The only one I could think you may have a point is the one about safeness. Some people are just scared by everything potentially harmful so, between a “dirty” truck selling an unknown street food and a fast-food chain, the choice is clear. Probably fewer bacteria, better quality standards and so on. But that’s it, I see no other points in choosing standardized food and remain unaware of the food wonders around the world! My mouth starts watering just by thinking about them now! So please, exploring a new country passes also through eating your way in it. If you don’t care about it, stay at home.
- The arrogant. That’s the polite way to say “stupid asshole”, as there’s no other way to define this kind of person. He’s similar to the moaner but worst. Everyone should be at his service, the money he spent or he’s spending grants him royal rights. He’s always right, you’re always wrong, he insults, tramples on human dignity, and complains a lot, of course. That’s one of the worst persons you can happen to meet, they really strain your patience to the limit. For yours and his sake, he should absolutely stay home.
Now, these ones are the inoffensive ones, so to speak. People that basically don’t cause much harm to the other but in the end, they are the ones losing something valuable due to their behavior.
There are, though, at least two other kinds of people that are harmful when they move abroad, and not only they shouldn’t travel, they shouldn’t BE ALLOWED to travel.
- The vandal. Some may call them ignorant, some other romantic, when they chisel their name inside a heart on thousand-years old trees’ trunk or write with permanent markers on the stone of an ancient temple. I call them vandals, ignorant vandals. These are egomaniacs who lack respects for whatever is not theirs. They have to state it out loud: “XXX WAS HERE” or “YYY LOVES ZZZ”. No one cares, you stupid asshole, do it at your place if you dare. Even worse when they break or steal something “as a souvenir”. I’m glad when they’re caught in the act, but sometimes don’t even a fine makes them understand. Probably a ban from a country could fit.
- The sex tourist. That’s probably the most despicable one. I’m not referring to the adventure that can happen with someone met during a trip, I speak of people traveling only with the purpose to have (cheap) paid sex with whoever has a price. Or not even, sometimes. Aside from the fact that only losers pay for sex, these men (because they’re mainly men) exploit young girls and boys living under mistreatment to have sexual intercourse with wealthy people coming from abroad. That’s something I really despise from my heart, considering also that there are people looking for “particular things”, often underage, and that’s terrible. These people are dangerous and they shouldn’t BE ALLOWED to travel, among the other things.
Traveling is not a right, no matter how easy it is nowadays to do it. If you can’t understand the importance for yourself of going in a new place or worse, if you’re a living danger while traveling, please don’t ever leave your couch.
What do you think about it? Are there any kinds of people who shouldn’t travel? I’m curious to hearing from you!
Like it? Pin it!